Thursday, November 9, 2017

November 6 - Blood Work

November 6 - Blood Work

Good Morning! As we were walking in today Levi and I talked about his picture and what he thought P would have done with it. He said she would have hung it up and I agree that she probably did. We got to the lab and there was no line and no waiting, so he went right in. And lo and behold she had not only hung it up, but had framed it first! Levi was SOOO Excited. He had this giant smile on his face like his whole world was complete because P hung up his picture.
 Levi went over and picked out his band-aid and climbed up in the chair to open his band-aid.
Then he asked P if she had her tablet for him to play and of course she did, so she brought it over for him. Once again he loaded up the Panda game. Thankfully no one else has played it so we are still only on level 3! The blood draw got started and Levi and I were playing the panda game. He saved one panda but was getting frustrated that he couldn't save the others, so I started helping him. Blood draws go so well now that I didn't even realize that it was over. Levi and I were playing the panda game and wanting to win. P tapped me on the shoulder and giggled with "you are still holding his arm" and sure enough I was. The blood draw was all over and yet Levi was still holding out his arm and I was still holding it while we were playing Pandas. We all had a good giggle about that. We did save all the baby pandas in case you were concerned!

Then Levi was off to the treasure box. P had gone shopping over the weekend so the box was full again which always makes Levi happy! And makes his decision making harder. He wanted all 4 of these little squishy guys. I told him he had to pick one so he picked none. (That's how his brain works, if he can't have it exactly his way he decides he can't have it at all, its very negative thinking and frustrating, but we are working on it.) He ended up settling on a dart board thing and was excited to play it! Then we were off to school!

Labs came in fairly early this morning, but did require Jay to fill out another fax acceptance form. Very frustrating that we fill those out at least once a month. You would think it would be on file for at least a year. Counts came in at 198. So a great number! A drop from Thursday, but still an amazing number.

Next Steps: P told me that she has Thursday off because she has to work on Saturday, so since Levi's numbers are so good we will hold off on blood work until Friday so that we can see P. Although blood work goes so well now it is still a stressful thing for him to have someone besides P, so we try to avoid if possible.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I am very happy to see Levis's stable counts. I am regular reader of your blog & pray for better health of Levi. My self Vinod Lamba from India suffering from same diseases as Levi. I want to contact to you to discuss some regarding the same. Can you please share you contact details or any other way to communicate ....Thanks
    Vinod Lamba ( +91 9038409007)
    vinod.87lamba@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vinod. I would be very happy to talk to you more. I will send you an e-mail! I will keep you in our prayers that things go well for you as well! I am in the process of updating the blog as you will soon read we had a rough week with low counts and several necessary infusions.

      Delete