Friday, June 10, 2016

June 2 - Blood Draw

June 2 - Blood Draw

This morning was a fairly typical morning for blood work. Run around like crazy trying to get everything done, and then breath on the 25 minute drive to the lab. Levi was a good boy!

As soon as we got there he wanted to run in and see his fountain!

Then over to see Nice Nurse. The blood draw went very well! No complaints on his side. Levi picked a Hello Kitty band-aid. He didn't have a clue who Hello Kitty was, but he was excited that she had a pink bow in her hair. I honestly can't remember what he picked from the treasure box. But we were off and running out the door as soon as we gave high fives.

The drive to daycare was uneventful and the morning was over.

Around 10:00 I got a call from Dr. V's office on my cell phone. That's not a good sign. They usually call the house phone. I can't answer my cell phone at work, so I waited for the voicemail to come in and then I listened to that. Levi's count was 169!!! Umm... WHAT?!?! That's not good. How did it drop so much? Why did it drop so much? Jay called Dr. V back and they had a discussion about it. The decision was made to wait until Tuesday for an infusion as was our scheduled plan. But we are to call if there is any changes over the weekend or we notice any signs of low platelets (bruising, headaches, wobbley, spacey, etc). I wasn't crazy happy with that plan, but I accepted it, and geared myself up for a long weekend of worrying about him and watching his every move!!

No comments:

Post a Comment