Monday, August 22, 2016

August 8-9 - David's House

August 8-9 - David's House

It's time to head back to our home away from home! We are so grateful that David's House exists. Without it, our lives and these infusions would be much more stressful!
A few pictures of David's house. 

Since daycare is closed this week, Levi was already home for the day with a sitter. Mommy also worked from home today because the contractors were at the house shingling Levi's playhouse!
The playhouse is shingled!
So as soon as Daddy got home we were on the road. We decided to stop at Taco Bell/Long John Silver's for dinner and boy was that a mistake. SLOWEST fast food place I have ever been too. Took forever! But Levi got a slushy so he was happy!

We got to David's house and Levi was very excited. He loves getting to play there. We got inside and learned that there is a brand new house manager. She is very sweet! We set and talked to her for a little while. We found ourselves in the Bird room. A new room for us. It is out back in the very quiet section, a section we have never been too, in fact neither of us even remembers walking out there any time that we were investigating the house. The room is huge! And has a great view of the playground.
Bird Room
Large Room. 
Awesome view of the playground.
The only negative was that the house was about 75% full and they were out of cots. Levi got a crib which is fine, but he was very disappointed. All day he had been talking about getting to sleep in his "Twinkle Twinkle Little Bed" from last time we were there.

Levi and Daddy headed out to play and Mommy took 5 minutes to unwind from the 2 hour drive before heading outside to join them. We played on the playground and then went for a little walk and watched the Dart come in for a landing.
Jay and Levi out playing
Drive Drive
Levi has learned to "swing on the slide" from the big kids!
Watching the Dart Land.
Walking back to David's House.
Then we went inside for snack before bed. We talked to the house manager again for a few minutes while Levi ate a brownie and then we were off to bed. Levi did fairly well for the fact that he was in a crib and fell asleep after only a few minutes.
Sound asleep!
This is the point that if I had a crystal ball and knew how the night was going to go I would have also gone to bed, but since I didn't I decided to go hang out in the living room and watch the Olympics for awhile. Finally going to bed around midnight.

At 2:50 Levi cried once and Jay got up with him, he went right back down though thankfully! At 4:45 Levi was yelling "Mommy, I need my Mommy". I got up with him and tried to calm him back down. At 5:15 I gave up and had him climb in my bed. At 5:45 he was done in my bed and asked to go back into his cribby. At 6:15 he had to go potty. At 6:30 I forced him to stay in my bed and I got him to go back to sleep by holding him, however I swear a kid in Mommy's bed grow's 6 feet and 18 more arms and legs because suddenly I had no bed space anymore, so I got up and set on the floor until it was time to get ready for the day. Thankfully he is adorable so it was at least something cute to look at while I set on the floor wide awake.
Bed thief. 
I let him sleep as long as possible and we barely made our 9am appointment time (usually we are 30-45 minutes early because Levi has gotten up early). We didn't have time to eat breakfast at David's house but I did grab a few things for Levi to eat at clinic.

Thanks as always David's House. We will see you again in 3 weeks!
Saying "Bye Bye David's House" to the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment