Saturday, February 4, 2017

January 26 - Blood Work

January 26 - Blood Work

The first blood work after an infusion is usually pretty calm and expected that numbers will be fine so no stress. Levi and I got up and out of the house in no real hurry this morning.

Levi still gets so excited when we are pulling in to the hospital that we are going to "P's work!" and asks me every time as we are walking in "Is P here? Is P here?" when I remind him that she probably wont be and that he is home taking care of her doggy's he looks at me and says "I think P's here!"

When we got to the lab there was a bit of a wait so Levi climbed up in the chair to wait his turn.

When it was finally our turn he went running in to find his band-aid. He picked a Ninja Turtle band-aid. It was a different nurse then we have had before, but she seemed confident to do Levi and he was in a good mood. So we went ahead and did the stick. :) The nurse was very nice but had never done Levi's paperwork before, so she picked out a yellow tube instead of a green one. Levi told her that was wrong! She looked at me and said, "Is this a quick order?!" I said, "yes" and she looked at Levi and said, "then you are right, it should be green! How silly of me! So glad that you were here and told me what color it should be!" and she changed the tube to green. He was sitting there beaming like "I was right!!" The stick itself went ok. Levi was fidgety and she missed the vein the first time. Then she got it in the tube, but got nervous and pulled off the green tube quite quickly to begin filling the purple tube. Once the purple tube was full she pulled it off and took the needle out of Levi's arm. That's when she realized the green tube wasn't actually all that full, and she started to panic that it didn't have enough in it. She asked me what we should do. I told her "send it to the lab, if they can do it great, if they can't fine. The green tube is the LDH which isn't as important to us as the purple CBC tube!" she was like "are you sure?" I told her again that yes I was sure and she finally agreed. She was very very sorry, I told her no biggie! And she relaxed some. Then it was time to head to the treasure box. He picked a green fish! He gave high fives to the nurse and we were off.

Then it was off to a donut. Levi did a great job waiting in line. He ordered the donut, and I gave him the cash and he paid for the donut and said Thank You. The lady who works at the cafe (whose name I really should know by now!) Love's Levi! Since she handed him 3 quarters back she said, "Now don't go throwing those in the fountain, give those to Mom and here is some money for the fountain" and she handed him 3 shiny pennies! He was so excited. So off he ran to the fountain and one by one he put the pennies in to the fountain and made a wish! It was so cute!

 Then we were off to school!
Count's came in a little later that morning. They were 204. Hm.. A great number! Anything that is 3 digits and starts with a 2 is great, but it is a 16 point drop two day's post infusion is never a good sign. So we will watch him over the weekend and see what the weekend brings. If we are seeing any concerns then we will redo labs on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment