Monday, May 8, 2017

April 13-14 - David's House

April 13-14 - David's House

For the first time ever Levi and I were headed to David's House just us. With vacation next week Daddy needed to work and Grammie was busy with Auntie Martha! But since Levi is getting older and this is becoming much more routine I figured we would be fine.

I picked Levi up from school and we headed straight up. It didn't make sense to drive home first as that just added unnecessary time to our journey. We stopped at the Lee traffic circle for dinner because Levi said he was hungry. Then he proceeded to pout while eating his happy meal!
While at McDonald's Levi asked for his movie to be switched to Ghost backyardigans. We weren't 15 minutes down the road when he started screaming for it to be off and covering his ears and eyes. I guess he wasn't quite ready for it yet. He said it was scary. I turned it off and found a safe place to pull over to switch his movie, as there was no way I was driving all the way to Lebanon by myself with no movie.

When we were at McDonald's Levi asked for ice cream and I made a deal with him that if he ate his meal we would stop at Exit 9 for ice cream. So we did! Of course he picked the ice cream that is as big as him, and somehow got a slushy out of the deal too! It's a good thing he's cute!

 We then had to stop at the rest stop to clean him up as he was covered in ice cream and had dropped a huge chunk in his car seat and told me he couldn't pick it up because it was cold and as I didn't want his car seat completely soaked and ruined I pulled over and cleaned it up! For anyone counting, that is 4 stops on the way to David's House. We often do it with zero stops!! It was a long drive, but overall Levi was very good.

We got to David's House and got checked in to the cow room, then Levi begged to go out and play. I said sure. We got outside to the playground and everything was wet, so Levi got soaked. But he was ok with that, in fact he kept singing "I love my wet clothes! I love my wet clothes!" it made me giggle.


He's getting so big. He can climb it all by himself now. In the fall he still needed help!

Then he found the puddles and asked if he could jump in them. I said sure! He was already soaked, and whats a little more water. He said that they were the ducks puddles and that they wouldn't mind if he jumped in them! I giggled, but agreed!

It started to get dark and Levi was very cold. So we headed in. I figured we should just put him in his PJs and let him run around in those. David's House requests no bare feet, so he is putting on his socks so that he can go play.
When we checked in Levi had asked if they had a new blankie for him. Since it's been over a year since he picked a quilt from the quilt closet I said he could. He was so excited. So we headed up to the closet for him to pick. He had a really hard time picking. But eventually ended up with the one in the picture below.

After he picked his new quilt he was ready to go play!

We were playing with the trains, when a lady came in the front door and said she had just been outside smoking and there were bears outside. I looked out the window and sure enough there were bears at the bird feeders and gingerbread house. At first I thought it was just 1, but after watching for a few minutes we realized it was 4 bears! 2 big ones and 2 smaller ones. It was really cool to watch them. Levi liked it too, and kept asking if we could go outside and saying "I'm not afraid of the bears. They are nice!" Don't worry we stayed inside.
Sorry the picture is crummy. If he zoom in you can make out the four bears.
It wasn't long before Levi told me he was hungry, so we went in to the "ice cream" room for a snack!
Then we headed downstairs to play before bed. There was a little boy down there, maybe 15 months, Levi did very well playing nicely with him.

Then it was bed time. We video chatted with daddy before falling asleep. He didn't want the blankets on the bed, only his new quilt!
He fell asleep pretty quickly! Somewhere in that mound is a sleeping Levi!
Levi did a pretty good job sleeping and only woke up around 5:30! I'll take that as a good sleeping morning at David's House! He watched some Paw Patrol in our room while I woke up and then we were off to playing. 


After breakfast he saw that Jaye had gotten in for the day. He asked if we could talk to her about the ice cream quilt and that he doesn't like the chicken quilt in his ice cream room and that we need to put the ice cream quilt back. So into her office we went! After they had a good conversation she said that yes we could go upstairs and see about the ice cream quilt. I love how great the staff is with the kids. Jaye loves Levi and she got right down to his height to talk to him, and was all on board with helping him out. We got upstairs and she even let Levi unlock the door.
While up there we didn't find a plain ice cream quilt! But we did find one with all kids of fun food on it. Donuts, cake, cookies, ice cream, sprinkles. Levi said that would be ok, so Jaye pulled that one out. She said she would talk to the ladies who make the quilts and request an ice cream one for the room!

While we were up that Levi also saw the soft fleece blankets! He asked if they were blankets for kids. Jaye said they were and asked if he wanted one. I reminded Levi that he had gotten a new quilt the night before, but Jaye said "oh this isn't a quilt its a blankie, it's different, he can have both!" So he picked out the stars and moons fleece blanket and was excited! We went down to Jaye's office and played peek a boo and roll on the floor with his new blanket!

Then it was time to get dressed to head over to the hospital!
I had brought Levi's super cape and he was super excited to wear it!
Then we were out and heading over to the hospital! Thanks again David's House for a great time! We will see you again in 3.5 weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment