Monday, May 8, 2017

April 17 - Blood Work

April 17 - Blood Work

Look at these shorts!! It's finally sunny and warm here in NH! Hopefully it will hang around. I am ready for the winter yuck to be gone and to have some sunshine and fun!
 P wasn't there today! So we had B, he did well! And yes a he! The first time we have ever had a male phlebotomist. He was amazing with Levi. And congratulated Levi on how good he did. Levi took an instant liking to him, which is strange for Levi. Usually when we have someone different he is jumpy and not wanting to hold his arm out. But B was so calming for him. I loved i! And so did Levi.

Once we were done he was off to the treasure box where he picked out a new orange car. Then he was out the door, but turned around and came back and gave B a giant hug. I think B was a little taken back by that, I bed phlebotomist's get more tears then hugs, especially from kids, but after the initial surprise B had a huge smile on his face so maybe it made his day! Then Levi was off to his fountain.
 We got out to the car and Levi said, "My cars gone! Look Mommy my shark ate my car!" He found it hilarious that his shirt has a mouth pocket in the shark and that his car fit in! He giggled about that the entire way to school! He was upset when I made him take it out to get into his car seat but the buckle fell right on top of it and that wouldn't have been safe, plus I can't assume it would have been comfy.
Numbers came in early at 232. In and of itself a great number! However that is a 19 point drop with an infusion. We never like to see those. It's happened before, but it's not great. And since we are leaving for vacation tomorrow it has me a little on edge. Not overly, but a little! Glad we have that lab slip, but still hoping to not have to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment