Sunday, August 20, 2017

August 18 - Blood Work

August 18 - Blood Work

Well it's Friday so it's the point when we would have done blood work anyways, but we are definitely doing it after the day Levi had yesterday and continuing today. Levi was sent home from school around noon on Thursday because he had spent much of the day in the bathroom and had several accidents. His poor belly just isn't happy!

Since I knew that I was staying home with Levi today we didn't rush the morning. He had earned Dizzy yesterday so he spent some time playing with Dizzy and Jett.
 Then we headed down to the lab. I was talking to P about the fact that we hadn't gotten the fax on Tuesday when Levi was getting his band-aid. He brought me a box and said "I want the chocolate ice cream one Mommy! Please!" I suppressed a giggle and hunted the box to find him the "chocolate ice cream". I was able to find one and he was so excited! He headed over to the chair and climbed up to open his band-aid. Then climbed down to throw out the trash.

 Here is a close up of his "chocolate ice cream" that yes came out of an emoji box of band-aids! :)
 The draw went fairly well! Was quick and easy and we were off to treasure box. Levi saw McQueen right on top and was super excited! He gave his hugs and we were off.
 Because I needed Levi to eat something after the past 24 hours of his poor belly we headed to McDonald's. He loves their sausage and pancakes! But don't even think about putting syrup on his pancake he might hit you! He just wants to pick it up and eat it. After we ordered our food I got ready to play when a lady came from the table right by the door and said "I'll pay" I said "You don't have to do that" and she said "Let me! I'll pay for it!" We thanked her and told her to have a nice day! She told us to have one too! It was a little glimpse of amazing generosity in a world that has not been filled with it lately!

Levi and I headed home for a day of relaxing, working, napping, TV, and playing! Counts didn't come in until 11:30!! I was about to make Jay call the lab again when the fax finally came in. Levi's counts were 273. A 40 point drop since Tuesday but not bad considering what we are going thru with his belly and the fact that we have an infusion on Tuesday! So glad that whatever is causing his belly issues isn't causing us other issues as well. Hopefully his belly will be better soon!

Next plan: Infusion on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment