Thursday, August 31, 2017

August 21-22 - David's House

August 21-22 - David's House

We headed up to David's House right after school. Since there hasn't been food the last few times we went up we decided to stop at Burger King on the drive up. Levi was very upset that we were stopping, he didn't understand that we were just driving thru and continuing on the way to David's House, he thought we had to go home after dinner. But once he had his chicken nuggets he seemed ok and we continued on our drive.

We got to David's House and they were super busy with check ins! Kim asked if we were ok playing on the playground while she checked in the families before us and we said that of course we were. So off we went to play on the playground.



 Once it was our turn we went inside to get checked in. We were assigned to pig, but Kim asked Levi what room he wanted to stay in and he said space!! (of course, it's his favorite!) and she looked and it was open for the night!! So she switched us into space!!! Levi was so excited.

We got settled into the room and Jay and Levi headed downstairs to play in the playroom while I took a few minutes to relax after driving up. When it was getting close to bedtime meds time I headed downstairs to see them. They were in the middle of reading stories when I got down there.
 Then we played!!

 As Levi's meds were kicking in he told us he was tired so up we headed for a snack. He said that he wanted some of the mac & cheese that had been made (of course it never fails, when we stop for food there has been food made!). He did eat a few bites of it!
 Then he decided that he wanted dessert! He ate his whole brownie!
Then we headed upstairs for bed time stories. It took only a few minutes before Levi was asleep tonight I think he was tired!!

The morning started early! Levi was up with the sun! That is the negative of the space room it is very very bright in the morning. I gave Levi his tablet and laid back down for a few minutes. I got up to get dressed and was getting out my clothes when Levi got down out of his bed and said "I pooped in my pants and It's yucky!" as he is holding up his hand! Oh dear goodness! I immediately told Jay I needed help and our morning got started. Levi has been having a rough belly all week and clearly it still isn't better! We got Levi into the bathroom quickly, peeled out of his clothes and hosed down in the shower! Oh my goodness! I have not dealt with anything this bad in years!!! This reviled some of his infant explosions. Up the back, down the legs, covered his bed, it was bad!!!

After we got Levi cleaned up I needed to get everything else cleaned. I closed the bathroom door so that no one else would use it, stripped the bed, and headed to the laundry to start it. Of course it was still early in the morning so the laundry room hadn't been unlocked yet. I headed downstairs to find someone who could unlock the laundry room and who could get me some cleaning supplies for the bathroom. I found Cathy in the kitchen and told her what had happened, she said "You want to clean our bathroom?!" I explained again that yes I wanted to wipe it down and such and she just kept saying "You want to clean our bathroom?! Are you sure?!" But she did unlock the laundry room for me and found me some cleaning supplies! I headed upstairs, started the laundry, and cleaned up the bathroom. Jay had gotten Levi dressed at this point and had taken him downstairs for breakfast. I got dressed and headed down to join them.

We ate breakfast and talked to Jaye and then headed upstairs to get out of there. In the excitement of our morning we were now running late for Levi's appointment. Just as I was getting ready to head out the washer stopped so I was able to switch the sheets, blankets, pillow cases, pillow, towels, and wash clothes to the dryer. As I was leaving our room the house cleaner was just making rounds so I was able to tell her what had happened so she could hit the bathroom and our room a little extra hard. And when I checked out at the front desk I explained to them what had happened and that all of the bedding was in the dryer upstairs obviously still running.

It was an eventful morning but hopefully Levi's belly will soon be feeling better! This is crazy! And has been going on for over a week now!!

Thanks for everything David's House! We really appreciate that you are so supportive and understanding. We will see you again in three weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment