Monday, January 29, 2018

January 29 - Blood Work

January 29 - Blood Work

This morning was the first morning that we used Levi's new morning game. He has to get his astronaut all the way around the moon and get onto the spaceship before the timer goes off so that he can blast off to Earth (so he says) where the donuts are! He successfully got onto the spaceship this morning and got his donut with 38 seconds left!! I was shocked it took him that long, but was glad the he made it, and was stress free for all of us, so that was nice. It was neat to see how excited he was every time he moved his astronaut! Brushing his teeth was never so exciting! And he did almost all the tasks on his own, so that was really nice!
 We got to the hospital and Levi was in a great mood. I had cleaned our bedroom this weekend and found some more old prescriptions that needed to go into the blue box, so Levi fed the blue box. He was super stoked about that. Then he went over to check on his fountain. He told me that it was the "fastest indoor waterfall EVER!"
 We headed over to the lab. P is on vacation in the nurse was a nurse we had never had before. She was very nice but I was a little concerned how Levi would do. He picked out his band-aid!
 And then climbed up in the chair. He was eyeing the nurse skeptically! He asked me what her name was and I said I didn't know that he would have to ask her. He gave me a look like I wasn't protecting him correctly!
 P had told me where the tablet was and the password to log into it, but I didn't feel like dealing with that this morning so I convinced Levi to play puzzles on my phone. He was happy enough with that in the end, and we found some food puzzles he hadn't done before, so that made him happy.
The nurse came over and said "Hi Levi, my name is A" so that made me really happy that she was talking to him. She did ask me his last name and birth date, which I gave, most people don't expect a 3 year old to be able to correctly give you that information. She was really good working with him! He wasn't overly happy and did say "ouch!" but she got it pretty quickly!

Then Levi was off to the treasure box. He picked the light up squishy fish that he has been eyeing for several weeks. It's kinda funny when he really wants something but wont take it, and then finally takes it after several weeks. Then we were off to school!

Very surprisingly blood work results came in crazy early! I got Levi to school at 8:30, and the fax came in at 9:15!! It was super nice! And even better Levi's counts are 192! We went back up! WOO HOO! Maybe we are going to level out near the 200 line! That will be great and what we need. We are now  four weeks out from previous infusion! YAY!

Next plan: Blood Work again on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment