Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14 - Blood Draw

March 14 - Blood Draw

Today's Blood draw went about as well as always. Due to the time change we were all a little out of sorts this morning so I let Levi sleep in until about 8:10. So we got to the lab a little later then normal. A lady was just checking in when we got there so we had to wait for her to go before it was our turn. Levi did a pretty good job sitting in the chair and waiting. He was a little antsy but not too bad. When it was our turn we headed in and Levi went to pick out his band-aid. He picked a Candy Crush band-aid and was super excited that he had a "Poke Poke" band-aid as that is what he says when he wants to play candy crush on one of our phones. The draw went about as well as possible. A quick and easy draw and we were off to the treasure box. He picked a green and orange hand clapper and we were back out to the fountain before you could even stop and think.

We headed to daycare and Levi was very upset because we couldn't call daddy. My phone wouldn't connect to my car and he didn't understand. We got to daycare and went straight to the potty. Then I spent some time helping Miss T with a computer issue before heading to my car to head to work.
Taking care of "his baby" at daycare!
I got in my car and I had a missed call from Dr. V's office. Uh-Oh that's not a good sign. To have a call at 10am and a call on my cell phone. (If they are just reporting a good number they only call our primary phone on the account which is our house phone. And K calls.) I started listening to the message, It was Dr. V himself, uh-oh another not great sign. Levi's count was 188. Not a horrible number but a pretty decent fall since Thursday. Also with history we know that once he starts to fall, the slope of the fall only gets steeper and steeper. I headed to Seneca so that I could talk to Jay before calling Dr. V back. Jay and I talked about it and felt the best course of action would be to head to Lebanon for an infusion tomorrow because waiting until Thursday to do numbers again was just going to be very stressful.

Jay and I conference called with Dr. V and he was in agreement with us. That it wasn't worth the risk to wait and the smartest plan was just to head to Lebanon for an infusion tomorrow.We were able to get the 7:30 slot again and were able to get a room in David's House so we settled back in to finish the work day as normal knowing that our night was going to be much different then planned.
Our crazy little cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment