Thursday, April 14, 2016

April 14 - Blood Draw

April 14 - Blood Draw

Levi decided that 6:20 was a wonderful time to wake up this morning. When I went in I think he had decided it was a weekend, because he looked at me and said "stay pj's watch puppies" which is our Sunday morning ritual. I had to tell him that it was Thursday and not Sunday. Then he looked at me and said "I lay down" and proceeded to lay back down on his pillow. It was very cute, but a little frustrating. :)

Levi and I got up and got ready and headed out the door. The drive to the lab was the normal morning commute drive. Levi sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on repeat for about half the drive. He doesn't understand when the song is over, so it becomes the never ending song. Very cute! But will drive a fella a little crazy.

We arrived at the lab. Levi immediately went running to his fountain. He watched it for a minute and then we went in to see Nice Nurse. There was no line no waiting so we were right in. Levi picked out his band-aid, a giraffe, and set still for the draw. He still isn't used to the two tubes and gets annoyed that it isn't done after the first one. As soon as the needle was out of his arm he was off and running to the treasure box. We had a hard time deciding today, it was a definite indecision day, but he finally settled on a yellow whistle. Nice Nurse tried to give him a water gun too (the new stuff that she hadn't put in yet) but he kept saying "No, No Thank You" so she finally gave up. I am not sure he had any idea what a water gun was.

We headed out to visit our fountain again. Levi asked for a donut, but I said not this morning, and we headed on on our way.

The drive to daycare was uneventful. We got to daycare and did a quick drop off and I was on my way to work.

Dr. V called us himself around 11am with the test results today.  Levi's count was 276 which was about a 50 point rise from last week.  He also told us that Levi's LDH was still elevated and as such didn't seem to be much of an indicator of where Levi was in his platelet cycle.  We're still going to track it for a while and see if we can observe any trends.

It was so quick today that I didn't get any pictures, but here is one from the other morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment