Wednesday, April 6, 2016

April 4 - NHS Talk

April 4 - NHS Talk

I was asked to come speak to the Farmington High School National Honor Society today to give a real life example of why blood drives are so important. It was a neat experience to talk to kids about Levi's condition and how they can help him. I think they really appreciated the talk, and hopefully they will spread the information to other students about the local importance of giving blood! They had lots of great questions and you could see it sinking in on their faces. It was cool for me to think about the fact that 13 years ago I would have been the one hearing the talk, and then I think "HOLY CRAP!!! It's been 13 years!!" I don't feel that old, I don't feel like I have been out of school for that long!

They are hosting their blood drive on April 19th from 1pm-6pm at the Farmington High School. I urge all members of the community to get out and give if you can. Please make an appointment through the American Red Cross!

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. That is great! I didn't know you did that, I'm sure it made it very real for them!!

    ReplyDelete