Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 18 - Blood Work

April 18 - Blood Work

This morning started very early, it's the busy season at work and my major contract is due on Wednesday so I needed to make sure that I was at work as early as possible. I got up at 6:20 and got Levi up at 6:50 and we were on the road by 7:05.

The drive to the lab was pretty standard. Levi sang most of the way, had a snack and some milk.

We got to the hospital and walked in. Levi wanted to immediately head to "his" fountain. I was able to get a few pictures today by getting him to agree to let me not stand in my spot!
"Water up high"
Looking at the water filling
We headed to see Nice Nurse and Levi was about to run right into the lab, I stopped him and signed us in, which was good because there was a guy already in the lab. Levi said "Other people's turn" with a sad look and I said yes. He did ok waiting and set in his own chair pretty good. There was a gentleman waiting at registration who had a good chuckle as Levi was singing "E-I-E-I-O" quite loudly.
Sitting and waiting his turn.
There was a magazine sitting on the table and Levi said "Auntie Martha" and got all excited. When I told him it wasn't Auntie Martha he said "No Auntie Martha It's Mommy!!" and was super excited. I had to tell him it was a person we didn't know. He got a little said, and said "don't know them".
Martha do you see the resemblance to us?! Yea, me neither!! I think we need to work on pictures a little more.
It was our turn, Nice Nurse told him to come in and pick his band-aid and we headed in. One of the ladies from registration had been in Nice Nurse's office finding some paperwork and didn't realize that Levi literally comes running, and she got a leg and thigh full of Levi. Levi stepped back stunned, and she was all apologetic. None of them any worse for the wear, but I think she was a little embarrassed.

Levi ran over to the band-aid cupboard and threw the doors open and bent down and saw his idols!! Marshall band-aids!! He was in little toddler heaven. I pulled one out and it was Rubble, I asked if that was ok, and he literally jumped up and down with excitement! Nice Nurse came over and was like "oh look you picked the puppies! I just picked those up this weekend" he looked at her and said "Rubble!" like she was totally awful for calling his precious Rubble a puppy! She said that she didn't know the characters, I told her that Paw Patrol is our favorite and she said she would remember that and make sure that she always had some on hand!

The draw went as well as usual! Nice Nurse really is amazing at her job! As soon as it was done Levi was off to the treasure box. He picked two balls, gave Nice Nurse her high five, and we were on our way.
After lab draw stop at the fountain.
 I checked his Potty watch and it only had 5 minutes left so we headed to the bathroom. At first he told me no, but then he said "Big Boy go potty" and happily walked to the potty. We had a successful trip and as I was pulling up his pants he looked at me and started repeatitvely sing songing "I getta get a donut, I getta get a donut" apparently he has decided that going potty at the hospital equals a donut. I said ok, you can have a donut and we headed off to the cafe. There was a long line and Levi wasn't really wanting to wait. He picked out his donut (the one with sprinkles) and we were standing in line waiting when he spotted the bananas. He said "Levi have banana". I told him he had to pick, banana or donut. He picked banana. I said, ok, Mommy has a banana in the car (there was one in my lunch box), he said "banana in car?" I said "yup" and he got out of line and headed to the car!! I was very impressed! As soon as he was buckled I gave him the banana!

The drive to daycare was very quiet, as he was eating pretty much the whole way. Daycare drop off was very quiet as Friend K was sick and so Levi would be the only kid at daycare. Levi was very bummed and kept saying "K not here yet" "K come". I did a quick drop off and was on my way to work.

The call came in at 11:10 with Levi's numbers. We were a little curious about this draw as he is covered in bruises from surgery on Friday and is healing, so using a lot of platelets. But the last infusion gave him the ADAMTS13 he needs to stay healthy as his numbers still came back at 287. An 11 point increase from Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment