Thursday, July 21, 2016

July 11 - Blood Work

July 11 - Blood Work

This morning's blood work went off without a hitch. The morning went well at the house, no breakfast spilled on the floor, so that's a plus :) Levi was great in the car and all ran smoothly.

We got to the lab and there was a line ahead of us. We settled in for some waiting with a magazine.


But that quickly became boring so we moved on to selfies. He was being a little ham this morning for the camera.



Finally it was Levi's turn. We headed into the lab and picked out our band-aid. He picked out a dog from "Secret Life of pets". He thought the dog looked funny. The draw went super quick and easy as always. Levi was off and running to the treasure box while I was talking to P. He has been making great choices from the treasure box lately and I haven't had to steer him  in a different direction so I wasn't watching super close. I turned around and he had picked out a green whistle. Not a fake little kids music instrument whistle, a REAL whistle! Apparently the treasure box has new things in it. Who in their right mind thought giving kids Whistles was a good idea.
The treasure box HATES me!!
Levi was so excited and he had already put it in his mouth so it's not like I could get him to change his mind. At first he didn't know how to make it blow so I was thinking I was safe. We headed out to the fountain after high fives and hugs.
Off and running with his whistle! 
He asked for a donut but I said no and he was ok with that. We headed to the car. Everything was going well until about half way to the car when he accidentally made the whistle whistle. He was shocked and then excited! So for the next 28 minute drive to daycare all I heard was *WHISTLE* and then "Mommy, Mommy I did it!!" *WHISTLE* "YAY!! that's funny!" *WHISTLE* "I did it!" About half way through the drive I was seriously wishing I had gotten him the donut!!!! Drop off at daycare went well and the ride to work was WAY quieter!

I started calling the house around noon for numbers. By 4:00 there was still no message. Jay called again and there was a different receptionist covering. She was SUPER nice! She said that she would have K call us asap. K's form of ASAP is 5:15, but at least we got the count. His count today is 254.

Plan: Blood work again on Thursday 7/14.

No comments:

Post a Comment