Wednesday, July 6, 2016

June 30 - Blood Work

June 30 - Blood Work

This morning started like most mornings. Levi was up and ready fairly early. Nice Nurse had told us that she would be on vacation this week so we were trying to prepare Levi that he had to have blood work this morning, but that we would not be seeing Nice Nurse. I think he partially got it.

We got to the lab and there was someone in front of us. The lady's son was in getting his blood done and she was very talkative with Levi. He talked back some, telling her how old he was at that he had just had a birthday party. It was very cute. He did a pretty good job sitting in his chair and waiting for his turn.
Finally it was Levi's turn. He was a little confused why P didn't tell him he could come in. The Nurse called his name and I told her that he had a standing order and what his name was. She seemed a little surprised but found his paperwork. She asked if she would need an extra set of hands, I told her no, Levi was very well behaved. Levi was itching to go pick out his band-aid and she finally said he could come in. I think he was a little taken back that he just walked in and over to the cupboard (well more like runs in). He picked out a princess band-aid and we were sitting in the chair and waiting for her.

She came over and started prepping everything. One of the tube colors was different then normal and I mentioned it to her (it was orange instead of green), she said it was fine. I didn't argue with her as that is the tube for the second test, the only number I have to have is the one from the purple tube. She got him all set up. She wiped his arm with the alcohol wipe and then dried it with the cotton ball, but she didn't play with him the way P does. He gave her a weird look and said "softy soft!" as much as to say, you don't know what you are doing crazy lady. She put the needle in and only had to wiggle it a little before getting his vein. She went a different angle then P usually does, and I am assuming a different vein. Levi did NOT like it. and he made that known to us and anyone waiting in the waiting room. I haven't heard him cry/scream like that from a stick since we were in the hospital in January! The nurse gave me a look like "umm, i think we should have had another person", I gave her a look back and quietly talked to Levi to get him to calm down explaining how sometimes it will feel different then other times. I got him to calm down and even smile a little. When she snapped the needle in his arm, he gave her another look and an "OUCH!" and then got his band-aid and was off to the treasure box like normal. She got the information she needed from me and then said "oh he knows where the treasure box is" with this kinda attitude voice like he was doing something he shouldn't. I looked at her and said, "we are here lots!" Levi ran out of the lab without even a backwards glance. He wanted away from that nurse. She looked at me and said "he left" again with this attitude like I don't know where my kid is and I don't have him under control, I said "I know, he's going to the fountain, We have a routine!"
We are very ready for P to be back!!!

Levi's numbers came in around 3:45. I was just getting ready to call and request them when they finally came in. His count was 194. So not a huge rise, but a rise none the less. So we will take it.

Plan: Blood work on Thursday 7/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment