Friday, July 1, 2016

June 27-28 David's House

June 27-28 David's House

I got out of work and headed home to pick up my Mom as she would be joining Levi and I at his infusion. I gave Jay big hugs good bye and we were off to pick up Levi from daycare. Levi was so excited to see Grammie!! I think he had forgotten that she was coming with us. We got in the car and started the drive. Levi requested Sheriff Callie and I started it for him. We stopped at McDonald's for dinner. We happened to run into Roz on her way home so that was neat!

The rest of the drive was fairly uneventful and we got to David's House a little after 7:00. Levi wanted to go right out and play, but I reminded him that we needed to check in and get our room. I wasn't sure what room we would get as David's House was completely full again. When they had called in the morning to tell us that we had a room I mentioned that it would be me and Mom not me and Jay, and they seemed a little flustered, they asked if Mom and I could share a bed, and I said yes of course. But when we got our room assignments it was single beds. We were assigned to the Pig room. Our first time in that room. Levi really liked the pig and put him in his bed immediately.




As soon as we were settled into the room Levi wanted to go outside and play. so out we went. Levi went down the slide all by himself and landed in a nice puddle at the bottom of it. oops. Mom fail, for not checking that there was a huge puddle. After that he avoided the slide for a few minutes and played with the tricycles, the house, the swings, the wagon, and dug in the dirt with the big digger.
Climbing through the swing set.

Digging with Grammie!
Then Bradley came out. Was so awesome to see him! We hand't seen them in 4 months, and his surgery went great! So seeing them again was awesome. And the boys clicked again right away, and started running around like crazy outside. They were up and down the climbing structure and sliding and giggling and playing "got ya" and it was just awesome to see!

Then it was time for a little quieter play inside. Before heading upstairs for bed. We put on Levi's Super Marshall pj's and he was pretty excited. He said good night to Grammie and I and climbed in his pack and play. Grammie and I headed outside to sit on the floor and wait until he fell asleep. He had taken a short nap at daycare so we didn't think it would be very long and it wasn't. Then we headed downstairs for a drink, a cookie, and some conversation. We talked to Bradley's mom for awhile and just hung out. Then it was off to bed.

We got back upstairs to the room and it was freezing in there! It had been quite sweltering when we put Levi to bed only an hour before. And that was to be the theme of the night. The room went from sweltering to freezing, to comfy to sweltering to freezing. It was a rough night of sleep for all. At 3am Levi did his standard scream/cry (I have no idea what is up with 3am!!). I jumped out of bed to make sure he was ok (without looking at the clock first) and that was my downfall. He was fully awake at that point. By 3:20 we had gone potty and then he was in my bed. We got a few more very interrupted hours of sleep, with Levi doing a complete 180 at one point and sleeping with his head by my feet! Finally at 6:30 he was up for the day!

He played in our room for a little while. Then it was time to head down to breakfast. This was the first time we had ever been to David's house when they were very lacking in food. There was no bread, no fruit, no nothing. It was very strange. I gave Levi some oatmeal and a granola bar and he seemed happy, but ate very little.

After that it was back up to the room to pack and head out. Grammie got her first taste of the day to come when we had to put Levi's cream on his port. It doesn't hurt, but he fights it a ton. He really doesn't like to be held for anything against his will. He wants to be held and cuddled when he wants to be.

We checked out, put in our request for three weeks from now, and headed to the car.

Thanks again as always David's House. Our Home Away from Home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment