Tuesday, October 17, 2017

October 16 - Blood Work

October 16 - Blood Work

We had a busy weekend that was filled with lots of fun, but no naps! So when Levi didn't wake up early this morning I decided to enjoy the time and slept in myself. Jay left for work at 7:30, and Levi and I got out of bed at 7:45! It's been awhile since we have had a lazy morning and it was nice! Of course we were then crazy behind schedule. But oh well! Sometimes it's more important to stop and spend time together then it is to be on time!

We got to the lab and there was no line no waiting! So Levi went right in to pick out his band-aid.
 Then he headed over to the seat to open his band-aid! He wanted an all green day today! So yes he has on green pants, a green t-shirt, green hoodie, and green sneakers! And I promise I brushed his hair, but he wore his hood in the car and well, that's what it looked like after.
He was showing the pirate skeleton on the wall his band-aid! That's why he is turned around backwards today. 
 The draw went quick and easy as usual! He gave his last name and numbers again and then headed over to the treasure box where he picked out a green harmonica! (sticking with the green theme! haha) Levi asked for a donut, but I made a deal with him that instead of a donut he could play Toca Kitchen on my phone on the way to preschool. He thought that was a fair trade! Plus he had already eaten a whole bowl of lucky charms in the car since there is no way we were making it to school for breakfast.
We got to the car and Levi tried playing Toca Kitchen but my phone just wouldn't cooperate, so I owe him 15 minutes of phone/table time tonight! We got to preschool and dropped him off just in time for morning recess! He loved that!

I got to work and started the wait for results to come in. By 10:30 I was getting annoyed. By 11:30 I asked Jay to call the lab as it had been 3 hours, but he was busy at work and couldn't, so I e-mailed our patient advocate again. (I don't get any cell service at my new desk at work which makes it tough to make personal calls). Results came in at 11:55, three and a half hours post draw for a stat lab! Slowest stat labs ever!!

His counts came back at 152. A 19 point drop since Thursday. Not unexpected at all as Levi has a cold/runny nose that wont go away. I was actually shocked that counts weren't lower then they were. His white blood cell count has gone back down some! So thats a good sign that possibly he is on the back end of this cold and he will start feeling better soon and that his platelet count wont drop too much more!

Next Plan: Blood Work on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment