Monday, October 23, 2017

October 19 - Blood Work

October 19 - Blood Work

It's a cold morning here in NH! I think fall is setting in! Levi looks sharp in his McQueen jacket though! There was a little wait at the lab so Levi was taking silly pictures!


 Then he had a minute to play Toca Kitchen before getting called in. He picked out his band-aid and was very excited to get a space man! Space is our latest obsession! He climbed up in his chair to open his band-aid.
 P had gotten a new tablet for the lab and had loaded a game on it for the kids to play to distract them. Levi loved playing with it, however for a kid who does blood work so well it was almost more of a time suck then time savings, but he liked it and P loved showing him how to use it!
The draw went well! Levi gave his last name and birth date numbers so that was good. Then he was off to the treasure box. He had a few minutes at the treasure box today s I was talking to P about something she had purchased and wanted to give to Levi next week. Levi kept bringing different things from the treasure box over to me and explaining them to me. When I would ask if that was what he was picking he would say "Nope" and head back over to the treasure box. He finally settled on a pair of sticky hands! I told him that he couldn't have them in my car, but that I would get them to daddy who was doing pick up and daddy and him could play with them.

Then we were off to preschool. I have gotten smart (not sure why it has taken me this long) and I now make him a breakfast cup like we used to every morning on blood work mornings. So he has milk and cereal in the car. I am sure we will still get donuts every once in awhile, but it can be more of a treat and less of a "oh crap we aren't making breakfast at school and you have to eat" thing!

Lab results came in by the time I made it to Jay's work to drop off the sticky hands. Counts were at 168! So an increase of 16 since Monday! A great, albeit confusing, increase!!

Next Plans: Blood work again on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment