Monday, April 2, 2018

April 2 - Blood Work

April 2 - Blood Work

Happy Monday!!! I hope you all had a great Easter! I know we did! This picture is second Easter Bunny basket and egg hunt at our house! It was a busy, but fun weekend. We calculated that Levi found, opened, and enjoyed 162 eggs between the 4 egg hunts we did this year!! It was a blast!
But we are all dragging this morning!! We are tired!! We got to the lab around 8 and Levi went right in. He set like this for almost 5 minutes. He just couldn't pick a band-aid.
 Finally I picked for him and he climbed up in the chair. P had the tablet all ready for him and he started playing wild kratts, the game was exactly where it had been last time we played. I am not sure how to get him past where he is, so I convinced him to change to something else. I think P would have tried to help him play and not done the blood draw, but I said something like "we gotta do this so we can get to school!" So he switched to something else. I swear that tablet is a blessing and a curse at the same time!

The draw itself went great as always! Then it was off to the treasure box and once again we couldn't decide what we wanted. He kept picking something and I would be like "awesome choice" and he would say "no, I want something else" finally I told him he had to pick and he picked one of the cars that Grammie had donated to the treasure box for the first time. Of course not the bus that I think is super cool, or any of the green cars that Grammie picked out specifically with him in mind, nope he picked the brown and copper colored race car!!
 Then we were off to the car so that we could head to school. Levi played with his car the whole drive to school so that was fun!
Counts came in at 9:40. He has a slight cold/runny nose/toddler thing going on so we weren't quite sure what counts would come back at, but they are still great at 223!! We are now over a month since the last infusion and still holding strong! That makes me so happy! :) Hopefully we can continue this trend and stay out for a little while.

Next Plan: Blood work again on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment