Tuesday, May 10, 2016

May 9 - Blood Work

May 9 - Blood Work

Levi slept in a little this morning, so that was nice except it put us a little late for the morning. Levi and I headed off to see Nice Nurse as soon as we got up and moving. The morning drive was very uneventful.
A fun sweatshirt!! 
We got to the lab and Nice Nurse was waiting for us! No line no waiting! Levi said "Good Morning P" (Nice Nurse's real name) and gave her a big smile! We headed right in and Levi picked out his band-aid. Today was back to PAW Patrol. He specifically requested Chase, so it took me a minute to find one, but we ended up with Chase, Marshall, and Ryder.

Levi climbed up into the chair, and lowered the bar by himself. He whacked himself in the head in the process. He looked up at me and said "I'm Ok Mommy". Then we started talking about Nice Nurse's puppies that are on the wall. Then he saw the tubes sitting in the containers by color and he tried to reach for them and said "my tubes". I told him Nice Nurse had to get them, but asked what color she would get, he said "Green!! Purple!!" So he clearly knows what his tubes are.

The stick went great as normal. Nice Nurse hit the vein right away and the blood started going in. As soon as the band-aid was on he was off and running to the treasure box. He tried to pick a pencil again, but I convinced him to pick a green squirt gun instead (I only need so many fish pencils in my car!) Levi gave Nice Nurse her high five and said "See you on Thursday!" and we were out the door.
Levi playing in a box over the weekend.
We stopped at the fountain. Then Levi asked for a donut. I said, not today, that I had fruit for him in the car. At first he was upset, but then I told him it was watermelon and he was pretty happy to get to the car!

Numbers came in around 11:00. His count was 258. So only a 10 point drop since Thursday. That is great!! Numbers again on Thursday. We are pushing his infusion to 3.5 weeks in order to get us back on a Tuesday so it is very reassuring that his numbers are staying so high even though he has a cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment