Monday, May 16, 2016

May 16 - Blood Work

May 16 - Blood Work

Normally we wouldn't do blood work today as we have an infusion scheduled for tomorrow, but with Levi's low counts on Thursday and his rough weekend, we decided it wouldn't hurt. More information is always better then none.

It was a rough morning. Levi had nightmares and really struggled to go to bed. I finally got him down around 10:30 by holding him and letting him cuddle in our bed. I worked from 8:30pm to 1am and then finally climbed into bed. At 3:30am Levi was back up and screaming, so I was back into his room to hold his hand until he fell back asleep. he just didn't want Mommy to leave. And then the stinking alarm goes off at 6:45. This is gonna be a long day!! I got up and got ready, went downstairs and prepped everything, and then went back upstairs to wake up Levi around 7:30 (I hit snooze a few times before getting myself out of bed). I walked into Levi's room and turned the light on and he didn't even wiggle. I picked out his clothes, and then went over to wake him up. I turned off the monitor and said "good morning Levi" he looked at me and rolled over. I prepped his meds, got him to take them, and then rubbed his back for a minute before picking him up and holding him. I said "i know how you feel buddy, Mommy is tired too". We had a quiet/uneventful morning getting ready. He wouldn't let owl go, and I wasn't going to fight him, so Owl is currently resting in my car waiting to pick Levi up from daycare. We went downstairs and Levi went to daddy who put him in his car seat while i put my shoes on and we were out the door on the way to the lab by 7:40.

It was a quiet trip to the lab with Levi listening to Pandora kids and I was driving. The lab thankfully had no line no waiting and we got right in. Levi said good morning to Nice Nurse and then went in to pick out his band-aid. He picked Toothless and was very excited about it. We got settled into the chair to wait, and Levi got upset. He said "Hiccup ride Toothless, Hiccup ride Toothless" I told him that the band-aid didn't have Hiccup on it, just Toothless, and he settled back down.

The stick didn't go well! He cried for the first time in a long time, well really more whimpered then cried. She couldn't find his vein. She finally was able to find it, so that is good. She got the green tube filled no problem, but then as she was trying to fill the purple one, it just wouldn't fill. She kept moving his arm to get it to fill, it was rough, but Levi did much better then he could have at 23 months!

As soon as the band-aid was on he was off and running to the treasure box. He picked out a blue Kaleidoscope which had a fake spider inside it. He was very upset about the spider and didn't want that, but was pretty happy about the Kaleidoscope. He doesn't quite understand how to close one eye and only look through the other one yet, so it's cute to watch him try to use it.
Levi and his Kaleidoscope.
We were off on our way to daycare. It was another quiet drive, I looked back at one point and Levi was almost asleep. Then he started using his Kaleidoscope like a periscope and said he was "Jake" but there were "no people". We got to daycare and dropped Levi off. I spent a few minutes talking to Miss T about his weekend and i was off to work.

Based on the last labwork and the fact that he is covered in bruises I was expecting his numbers to be quiet low today.  So when I got the call around 1pm and his numbers were 212, I was shocked. Wait 212, that means they went up on their own from last week to today. After having a huge drop last week, now they went up. What in the world is going on!! Talk about stress!! There is no rhyme to reason to this condition and it is so frustrating! There is no link to anything, there is no way to guess what his numbers will be, there is no nothing. I just want to scream!
Levi picked me flowers over the weekend and made things better!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment