Thursday, July 13, 2017

July 10-11 - David's house

July 10-11 - David's House

The drive to David's House was fairly uneventful. Levi had taken a good nap so he was wide awake for the drive. We started out by watching Smurfs and ended with PJ Masks. We stopped in Chichester for slushy's otherwise it was a straight thru drive, and for the first time in several visits the weather was great and the drive was easy!

We arrived and headed inside. Levi was a big boy carrying his own backpack! He wanted to stop and sniff all the flowers so it took us a minute to get in.
 We had our choice of pig or lion. Levi wouldn't make the choice so I choose Lion. We headed up to get settled in! Then went down to the kitchen for dinner where there were Taco's provided by Camp Walt Whitman. They were delicious! Levi ate a whole bunch! Taco's are always a winner of a meal for him. Thank you Camp Walt Whitman for a yummy dinner!
 After Levi was done eating Levi and Jay went outside to play while I cleaned up the table and then headed upstairs for a few minutes to unwind after the drive. The lion room overlooks the playground so I was able to watch them play!


After about 45 minutes the boys came in from outside. After they were done on the playground they had gone for a walk and picked wild flowers for me! It was so sweet!!! 
Levi asked for a little tablet time so I set my timer for 15 minutes and he played while Jay put the flowers in water. When the timer went off we headed down to the playroom to play. 

 Levi read some books. It's crazy what books he can remember when we only read them every 3 weeks. He can recite almost the entire book of several of the books at David's House. It blows my mind how he can do that. Here he is reading Pip and Posy getting almost every page right, and we don't own the book so he hasn't read it since our last visit to David's House! Then he asked me to read him a few other books so we did that!
 Then he was ready to be a crazy man and play with Gekko and Cat Boy that he had insisted we bring from home! It's a very fun and very active game for him.


 Of course he is always Gekko and I am always Cat Boy and Jay is never allowed to play! Gotta love routine games. He rolled out the blue yoga mat as a road for Gekko and Cat Boy to go on when they weren't zooming around the whole playroom. They even went up and down the slide several times. He had a blast so I am glad we brought them.
Then Levi played for a few minutes before we headed upstairs for snack time. 
Snack was a banana and animal crackers. Levi bounced between eating and playing at the train table. He still talks about how we brought the trains. Cracks me up! 
 Jay and I helped Kim put the food away! Good luck with surgery Kim! See you in a few weeks!
 Then we headed upstairs for bed. The central AC was not working in the house so our room upstairs was quite warm. But not unbearable with the fan on and the windows open (from the top only if you remember a much earlier David's House post where Levi thought it would be fun to almost go out thru a window!) I need to remember to bring two pairs of PJs for Levi, a warm pair and a cool pair! Thankfully the PJs I brought were ok, but he probably would have been more comfy without feet.

We put on PJs and read stories and then I headed out in the hallway to wait until he fell asleep. Jay came out after finishing his story around 9:25 and we waited outside. Levi did everything but fall asleep! He sang, he rolled, he asked for water, he did it all.

My view sitting outside the lion room waiting for Levi to fall asleep.
I poked my head in a few times and he was still awake!! Finally he got quiet and I thought he would be asleep soon if he wasn't already. I was chilling on my phone waiting a few more minutes before poking my head back in to make sure he was asleep when all of a sudden Levi was in the hallway with me! It was 9:50!!! 
 He couldn't tell me anything he wanted, and he made no noise getting to the hallway!! And he was definitely out of it as he couldn't complete a sentence! Jay went in and rubbed his back for awhile and finally at 10:15 he was asleep!!! I hate the nights the melatonin doesn't work! Drives me batty!

Jay and I headed downstairs for a little relaxing!
 I went back up around 11 and Levi was still out cold!
I climbed into bed and thankfully fell asleep fairly soon because it was not to be a great sleeping night. At 3am Levi was awake! Wide awake! I did everything I could to get him to fall back asleep. He was in his bed, our bed, rubbings, telling him to be quiet, more water, everything. At 5:15 he told me he had to go potty so out we went. I thought that was for sure the end of attempt of any sleep, but he went back in the room and climbed in his bed (he had been our bed solidly since 4am) and by 5:25 he was out cold again! He woke up for the day at 7:45. I gave him his tablet to play for a few while I woke up.

Then him and I headed downstairs for breakfast. We talked to Cathy for a bit about the weather and the lack of AC in the house. Then we had some breakfast. After breakfast we headed upstairs to get dressed and pack up our stuff. Since we would be at the hospital for quite awhile I couldn't take the flowers with me, so Levi took them down to Jaye and gave them to her on her desk. It made her smile!!

Then we were out the door and over to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment