Monday, July 31, 2017

July 21 - Blood Work

July 21 - Blood Work

We left camp around 11 and after a few stops in Portland made it to blood work around 2. P was very surprised to see us as I told her that we might not make it this week. There was no line or waiting so Levi went right in to pick out his band-aid. Daddy was with us which is a rare treat so he was showing Daddy where everything is.

Once he had his band-aid he climbed up in the chair. I went to pick him up to slide in underneath of him and he said "I sit by myself Mommy!"
 And he did! P lowered the arm rest all the way down for him and I held his arm in front of him, but other then that he did it all!
 He told P he didn't like the pokey thing (aka Needle) but he set super still for it and even watches.
They had a whole conversation about the tube colors and such just like usual.

I can't believe he is getting so big. The first time P took his blood he was just weeks old and I cuddled him while she did a heel stick. Now he sits all on his own like a big boy! It's crazy!!!

Once the draw was done he headed over to the treasure box with daddy and picked out a green matchbox car!

Since it was later in the day we weren't expecting to get the phone call with the results, but we did expect to get the fax. Jay and I stopped in to grab the fax around 10:30pm and the fax wasn't there. I was a little upset but went with the no phone call from Dr. V is good news so his counts must be fine.
Monday morning Jay had the counts (the fax had come in late Sunday night). Counts were at 277! An amazing number!!!

Next plan: Blood work Next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment