Saturday, July 1, 2017

June 19-20 - David's House

June 19-20 - David's House

It was a LONG drive to David's House tonight with torrential down pours throughout the drive putting the highway down to 40 or slower at parts because you just couldn't see anything! As soon as we got there Levi wanted to play in the puddles though so he went right over to do that!

 I headed inside to get us checked in. Kim and I were talking as I was filling out the paperwork and she was joking that we must have been in all the rooms by now. I said that no we had only been in about half of them. She asked me what rooms and I tried naming them off, and then decided that trying to remember was silly and I just pulled up the blog on my phone (yay for keeping track on the blog). Once I showed her the list she was all like "you are not staying in pig tonight! we are going to get this list more green!" she went off to check on things and came back over and said "yup you are going in sheep tonight, it's my favorite room!" So we got signed in and went upstairs. Wow! Sheep is HUGE and so nice!!
 Then we got Levi changed out of his wet puddle jumping clothes and into his PJs and headed down to find some dinner. There wasn't a lot of options, but they did have lunchables so Levi was content with that, though he isn't a big fan of the pizza ones. Jay and I munched on a few things and called it good.
 Then Levi wanted to go play! Jay took him downstairs while I cleaned up the table and talked to another couple for a few minutes. Then I headed down to play too. We played with everything that was down there.

Even Owl got to go down the slide. 







 Then it was time to have a snack before bed. The evening went by so quick since we didn't get in until much later then normal! Levi asked for a Popsicle and animal crackers.
 Then it was time to head upstairs. We read a story and then he laid down. He was exhausted and his melatonin was definitely doing it's job, but he was fighting it bad and it took quite awhile for him to fall asleep. We started with sitting outside the room like normal but that wasn't working so Jay went in to sit with him and give him a rub to settle him down.
 I headed downstairs to wait for the Domino's pizza that we had ordered (Jay and I decided that the snacks we had eaten were not enough and that we were both tired). After Levi finally fell asleep Jay and I set in the ice cream room and ate pizza and talked for over an hour! It was so nice. Then we moved to the living room and kept talking. I don't think we have talked that long in FOREVER!

The next morning Levi slept until 7:00!! Levi NEVER sleeps that long at David's House! The sheep room may be my new favorite. I definitely think it is the most comfortable bed that I have slept in at David's House and Levi slept in! I will call that a double win!

Levi played with his tablet for a few minutes and then I got dressed and we headed downstairs for breakfast. I made Jay get up too so that we could have breakfast as a family! He was less then impressed. But it was very nice to head downstairs together and enjoy breakfast together. Then we had time to play downstairs for 30 minutes before heading up to pack and head out. Jay was even less impressed by that once he realized that we weren't running late! But it was fun! And Levi really loved spending time eating and playing as a family.

We headed upstairs to change and pack up our stuff before heading out. Super Levi and crayon headed to the car!!
Thanks again for a great visit David's House. We will see you again in 3 weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment