Wednesday, December 20, 2017

December 14 - Blood Work

December 14 - Blood Work

We got to the lab and there was no line no waiting, so Levi went right in to get his band-aid and climbed up into the chair to open it.
The draw was a little rough. His right arm has some scar tissue and the needle doesn't like to go in the vein and P ends up having to kinda dig around. Levi kinda gives her a look but he doesn't cry or move, so thats nice! He is such a big boy. But P really hates having to do it to him. The look on her face as she is digging around in his arm to get the blood flowing is more heart wrenching then watching his face. She does care about him! She really loves him.

Then we were off to the treasure box. Levi dug around in there for awhile and finally came up with some finger fighter dudes.
Then we headed out. Levi looked at me and said "Is it Thursday?" I said "yes" and he said "YAY! You said we could get a donut on Thursday". Umm.. yup I did... but that was before Donut lady gave you a free donut on Monday. I only said that because I didn't have anything but a 20 dollar bill on me on Monday and I didn't want to cash that for $1.25. But never one to go back on my word if possible we headed over to the donut case!
The Donut Lady was so excited to see him. She was raving about the bag that the cookies came in and asked when we would be back as she wants to get his picture with the bag. Thanks Oriental Trading for the bags :)

Counts took awhile to come in today, but when they did they were at 417!! Woo Hoo!! I haven't seen counts like that in 18 months! The only negative is that his white blood cell count is high! I hope whatever is causing that to be high does not bring his platelets down. I need him to be healthy going into the holidays, and I need next week to be normal so that I can get stuff done.

Next Plans: Blood Work again on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment