Friday, December 8, 2017

December 4 - Blood Work

December 4 - Blood Work

Well what a night we've had!! We had an amazing weekend at the Polar Express on Saturday and Santa's Village on Sunday! We got home late last night and Levi pretty much went right to bed. But this morning at 2am all hell broke out. Levi has come down with a stomach bug! From 2am-7am we changed his clothes 5 times and his bed 3 times. Some day he will learn how to throw up in a bucket right?!?! For now it's beside the bucket, on the floor, in the hallway, on his PJs, on his bed, pretty much everywhere but the bucket! He threw up for the last time at 7am and slept until 9:30. When he woke up at 9:30 he was a little lethargic, but not bad and wanted to run around my house. I kept him calm for awhile and then put him in the bath tub to get clean before we headed to the lab. He had a count of 264 on Thursday. I know the stomach bug will have brought it down, but we should still be good, and I would really like to not have puke in my car if I can help it!
He wanted comfy clothes, so we put on sweat pants and a big hoodie after his bath!
 Then we headed off to the lab at around noon! My fingers were crossed that the drive would go ok! He has eaten a little this morning and chugged a bunch of gatorade, and keeps telling me "I'm not going to throw up again mommy!" When we got to the hospital his fountain was working and he was excited to see it.
 Once we got over to the lab there was no line so we went right in, which was good, I was trying to keep him away from as many people as possible so that he wouldn't spread his bug. He picked out his band-aid and climbed up in the chair.
 He opened up his band-aid while I was talking to P. She said her grandson had had the same stomach bug over night! And since Levi's cousin had it over the weekend, there is definitely something going around.
 Levi is all about playing the iPad while he does his blood now. This is how he plays! Except during the actual draw he has to give us his right arm and only use his left. He does fairly well with it. Today he was doing puzzles.
After the draw he headed to the treasure box and picked a silver mini spinner. He was pretty excited about it. Then we headed to the McDonald's drive thru because he was begging for a happy meal, but there was no way he was eating that in my car, and then home to eat and nap.

Levi and I were laying in my bed with me attempting for him to nap when the phone rang. It was Jay, numbers had come in and they weren't good. In fact Jay's exact words after I said Hi were "Hi, We have a problem!" Levi's counts were 78! Yup you read that right 78! A 186 point drop since Thursday!!! Umm.. I knew the stomach bug would hurt him, but I didn't think it would be that bad.

Well there goes my plans for the week! I called Dr.Ch and after a few back and forth phone calls, Receptionist S attitude and not letting me thru to people, and some waiting we got the answer we were expecting which was that we needed to be seen. Since it was already 3:30 at this point (the lab wasn't very quick at getting us results today! And when we called Levi's doctors still hadn't received the labs yet!)we decided that we would just go to clinic tomorrow morning but that we would head to David's House tonight. We were told to expect another 2 day stay. I called and got us a room at David's House and started packing. Levi was ecstatic that we got to go!

Next Plan: David's House for two nights, Infusion tomorrow at 8:30am, with expected necessary second infusion on Wednesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment