Sunday, December 31, 2017

December 28 - Blood Work

December 28 - Blood Work

We got to blood work today and Levi requested that Joy and Disgust come in with him so that he could show them all his special places. Since I was feeling pretty crummy myself and I knew he wasn't feeling the greatest, I said sure! So in they came!
 The first place we had to show them was the fountain of course!
 They needed a closer look! He wanted to make sure they saw the water.
 Then we got over to the lab. There was no line or waiting but also no P. Uh Oh! Levi went right in to get his band-aid and to show Joy and Disgust where the band-aids were. He decided not to pick a crazy people band-aid because he didn't want to have to pick which one and make the other one sad! So we picked Bugs!

 Then we were off to open the band-aid. Joy and Disgust had to sit on the arm rest so they could watch the blood work happening.
 It took a few extra minutes to do the paperwork then we are used to with P so Levi was clowning around. He was pretty excited and super happy!
 The nurse came over and P had talked to her about Levi so she had the tablet! That made Levi's day! I am not sure if P wasn't there at all or if we just happened to miss her on break, but Levi was excited to have the tablet. He played the crazy people game because he thought that Joy and Disgust would like it.

The blood draw itself went off without a hitch and was done before we knew it. and Levi was off to the treasure box. He picked a small pink spinner and was happy with that.
Then we were off to the car. On the way out he asked if he could get a donut and I said no, that he had gotten a donut at the last four blood works and he didn't need one today. He was upset but didn't throw a fit like I thought he might. We hurried out to the car because it is freezing cold here! I was buckling him into the car and he looks at me and goes "Mommy! I am a little confused why I couldn't get a donut!" I tried to explain it to him again and he just said "Yea I'm a little confused!" I didn't have the energy to explain again, so I just used a line I try very hard not to use with him and said "well because Mommy said No" and he looked at me and said "Ok!" I was shocked! Then we were off to school!

Numbers came in a little while later at 180! Wow! 359 to 180! A HUGE drop! Almost 50%! I was shocked by the drop, but not really too upset by the number as 180 is still a great number. I wasn't expecting anything to come of a number like that. A few hours later my cell phone rang from the hospital. I was a little shocked as usually the nurse calls the house phone and leaves a message knowing we aren't home (though I was working from home!) and they only call my cell phone if its more critical to get a hold of me. The nurse told us that because of the huge drop they wanted to see us on Tuesday for an infusion. I was floored!! Jay and I talked on the phone about what our thoughts were. We were both shocked that they wanted to see us. We didn't think we were going for an infusion until we were less then 100, and we were talking about an infusion at 180! Jay called them back and talked to the doctor about her thoughts on things. We ended up coming to the conclusion that we would get on the schedule for Tuesday, but that we would do blood work again on Saturday to see what our counts were and cancel on Tuesday if counts stayed high. The doctors and nurses all seemed ok with this plan, so that is what we settled on! So now we are doing blood work on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment