Sunday, March 5, 2017

March 2 - Blood Work

March 2 - Blood Work

Back to our regularly scheduled Thursday program!

We arrived at the lab earlier then normal (thanks for the lack of sleep Levi!) and there was no line no wait. P was so excited to see Levi and he was so excited to see her. He went running right in for hugs and high fives. Then he headed over to grab a band-aid. He has been choosing these blue band-aids with multi color fish on them all the time lately. I am a little worried that they are going to run out soon and I wont have anywhere to replace them from. The box looks like it was from a dollar store or Marden's type place. It has really surprised me that he keeps picking those as there are turtles, puppies, shopkins, etc. all in the cupboard. But he is driven by routine!!

He climbed up in the chair all by himself and started to put the arm part down and looks up at me and says "I do it all by myself! I don't need you Mommy!" I told him we could start working on that again since P was back, but for now I think he still needed me, so I snuck underneath him.

The blood draw went great! No issues what-so-ever. And you know what? He didn't need me. He held his arm without flinching, I barely held his wrist at all, he never tried to touch anything with his other arm, and he happily talked the whole time. P even slightly missed and had to wiggle it a little and he still just happily talked along. Had any of the nurses done that while P was out he would have screamed at them and told them ouch! It's just crazy how comfortable he is with her! I love it!

Once the blood draw was done he asked P if he could have a blue thing to take to his friends. If you've never played with a tourniquet it's something you should do at some point. Those suckers can stretch to be REALLY big! And they smell like vanilla! P had no problem giving him one, it did however take her a minute to convince him to take a new one out of the box and not the one she had been using all morning.

Then he was off to the treasure box, which P had nicely re-stocked that morning in anticipation of Levi's arrival. He spotted a package of "race cars" (matchbox style cars) right away and grabbed those so quick that if you blinked you would have missed it! He was so excited. The package even had a green one in it. He was racing them across the floor in the package! Then we headed out to the fountain and was racing them out there!

He asked for a donut, but didn't put up a fuss when I said no. And we were on our way to school. He took the tourniquet in to show his friends! I assume his teachers took that one away quite quickly, but when I left the 3 amigo's (as I like to call Levi and his friends L and J) were looking at it with fascination and playing quite nicely with it!

Numbers came it at 283! Awesome! A 4 point drop in 6 days and an infusion next week! Can't ask for better then that.

Plan: Infusion on 3/7! I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already!

No comments:

Post a Comment