Sunday, March 26, 2017

March 23 - Blood Work

March 23 - Blood Work

Back to our normally scheduled program!

When we got to the lab there was a person who had just gotten called in so I knew that it would be a few minute wait. Levi climbed up in the chair and wanted his animal sounds book. I went to sign in and P look at me and goes "What are you doing here?!?!" I said "P it's Thursday, we are always here on Thursdays" She said "Oh right!" ...pause.... "Wait! then what were you doing here on Monday?!?! Is my Little guy ok?!"She really does love and care about him.

Levi had me read the entire animal sounds book to him, and then he wanted to read it to me. It's so cute! He has it mostly memorized, so he tried to mimic me exactly. He would say "I have stripes. Push the dark green button. What am I?" It's an awesome job!

Once it was our turn we went running in to the lab to pick out our band-aid. He spent a few minutes there and some how came out from the very back of the cupboard with a brand new box of super hero ones that I had never seen before. I really need to brush up on my super hero's, if it isn't Spiderman, batman, or Super Man I can't tell you who it is. Of course the band-aid he picked wasn't one of those. I think it was Captain America, but I could be very wrong.

We really do love P! And are so glad that she is back. She mentioned to me that Levi's standing order was about to expire. I assumed I would need to call Dr. V's office and get an updated slip, wasn't looking forward to dealing with Receptionist S again, been awhile since I have had to call her. When P said, "oh yea I called them and they faxed it right over!" I was taken aback! She took it upon herself to call and get a new one for me! She didn't have to do that, she could have just said "oh yea it's expired!" I was shocked! She said that we have so much on our plates it's the least she can do! Wow!! She did remind me that we would need to register again, ok no big deal. Then she held up the folder and said "it's a good thing the year is up, I don't think I can put many more stickers on here" and she was right! The folder was covered with all of the barcode stickers.

The draw went great as always! Before we knew it we were off to the treasure box. Levi picked out a matchbox boat that came with it's own water! He was pretty excited about that. And then we were off to school.

I wasn't quite sure what to think about numbers today. His stomach has been better, but generally once we are on a downwards slope it doesn't give up. But luckily it at least slowed down. Counts came back at 209!

Next plan: Infusion on 3/28. I did have to call Receptionist S about this one. It had never been scheduled. The next one in April had been since that was a strange schedule date due to our trip to Mickey's house, but somehow this regular one had been missed. She was fairly nice about it. Probably the nicest call I have ever had with her. I wasn't going to push my luck though, so when I checked mydh again and noticed that she had accidentally made the appointment for 4/28 and not 3/28 I made Jay call! But we are all set now. So David's House on 3/27 and infusion on 3/28.

No comments:

Post a Comment