Tuesday, July 31, 2018

July 30 - Blood Work

July 30 - Blood Work

Good Morning!! We have started staying in our temporary housing as off last night. It's now a 38 minute drive to the hospital! It's going to be a long month! We finally got to the hospital and Levi asked me if P would be at the lab. I didn't want to make any promises, but I said I thought she would be. He turned the corner, and sure enough there she was! He was so excited!

He went running right in to get his band-aid. 
 After he got it open he loaded up Plants vs. Zombies, and was laughing about the grass having to unroll and the flowers grow.
 The draw itself went great as always! P has him down to science, even knowing to touch the needle to him, which is when he swivels and moves, and then put it in otherwise she will miss it while he moves. It's amazing that the two of them have this down to a science.

After the draw we were off to the treasure box. All weekend he has been talking about needing to get another Owl for daddy, as we have Tickle (his owl), a Mommy owl, but no Daddy owl. He opened the treasure box and immediately saw a red owl and grabbed it and was off before I had barely even stood up from holding his arm. Then he was off to get a sticker too!
 He gave P big hugs! And was out the door. The whole process couldn't have taken more then 5 minutes!

So here he is, Daddy Owl! So now we have the whole Owl family!

I took Levi to school and headed to work. I was standing in morning meeting at 9:30 when my phone rang and it was Jay. UGH! Not what I wanted to see! He only calls when counts are low and we are scrambling to figure out what to do. I rushed out of the meeting and answered the call stressing about what the plan was going to be, only to have him say "I have great news!" not what I was expecting. Way to give me a heart attack dear. Levi's counts are at 167! An 18 point increase from Thursday!! That has never happened for us. Once he starts dropping we just keep on dropping! So for him to increase on his own is amazing!! It makes the beginning of this week so much easier and less stressful!

Next plan: Blood work again on Thursday where I have no idea what counts will be. The poor kid is bruised everywhere, but apparently his body is fighting against those bruises!

No comments:

Post a Comment