Friday, July 20, 2018

June 22 - Blood Work

June 22 - Blood Work

Happy Friday!! What a week it has been. We had the wake and funeral for Rita at the beginning of the week, I am sick and after a lengthy ER visit last night I was diagnosed with severe strep. With the meds I am finally starting to feel a little better, but it's been a long week. We skipped blood work on Thursday because with Levi's counts so high and Jay trying to do everything in the mornings with me so sick it just didn't seem to make sense to add that in too, but now that we have a diagnosis of strep which is so contagious and a cutie that has come and cuddled with me every night we want to make sure his WBC isn't going too high.

So Jay and Levi headed off to the lab today. Things are always a little different when Daddy does blood work without me, but it seems like overall it went fairly well!

They stopped and visited the fountain when they first arrived.
Then they settled in to wait for a few minutes. And took the customary waiting selfies!!



Finally they headed in to the lab. The draw went great as usual! Jay just raved about how well Levi did all night. How he just set down and plunked his little arm out. I see it so often that it has kinda become common place for me. but it is neat to be reminded how truly amazing he is at blood work for being 4 years old.

Then they were off to the treasure box. Jay convinced him to pick the outside game that I have been trying to get him to take for weeks. I think he will have a lot of fun with the nets and ball outside.
Counts came in at 345. A drop from Monday, but still an amazing number. And his WBC was fine! So hopefully we can avoid spreading strep to anyone else in the family. No idea how I got it, but thankfully I was diagnosed in enough time to start the antibiotics in enough time to be non-contagious by my niece and nephews party this weekend. Sorry to all those at the wake and funeral, I was definitely contagious then! Hope everyone stays healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment